Sunday, November 11, 2012

A fold here a fold there....

 Fold forming as complicated as it sounds, this technique has always fascinated and scared me equally :)

Recently though having bought my first small anvil and sourced a few hammers that I figured would work I decided to give it a try. The technique involves folding a piece of metal and then hitting it either at the fold or on the opposite side of the fold literally forcing the metal to turn.


Fold formed cuff
©2012 Nayna studios™
This lovely cuff started out as a straight piece of metal and the hammer blows caused it to turn upon itself thus giving it a beautiful shape. I will be following this post up with a detailed post with step by step pics. I just couldn't wait to share this experiment with all of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked the post? Didn't like it? Want to know more ? Want to leave your thoughts behind? Do drop a line or two if you wish :)