Sunday, November 6, 2011

Taming the bead monster!

My newest bead box


If you have been following this blog for any length of time, you must know by now that I am first a metal artist and then a jewellery designer which is why beads are more of second thought in most of my work, but that does not mean that I am not completely crazy about beads! Let me assure you it takes a whole lot of will power to not spend my entire shopping budget in the bead market ( worse I recently met someone who assures me I have not yet tapped two of the biggest bead markets here in Mumbai !!) Woe is me the day I go to those markets but nonetheless I have now a sizable collection of beads and I figured it was time I allowed myself to splurge on a box with compartments (one more object I cannot resist, I currently own three jewellery boxes for my own collection ! )
             Finally the week before Diwali and I was out hunting for fabric, lace chocolate, and gel wax ( in that order for the Diwali celebrations! ) and I found the perfect multi-slotted box that you can see here. I was so happy to finally sort all my beads out with proper slots for each kind. But you guessed it , ran out of space before all my beads were sorted!! So I guess a few more visits to the bead shop and I will be ready for an upgrade :D Meanwhile what do you think of this arrangement?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked the post? Didn't like it? Want to know more ? Want to leave your thoughts behind? Do drop a line or two if you wish :)