Monday, August 8, 2011

Dress up your fingers with leaf rings

Leaf ring 1, copper
© 2011 Nayna Studios ™



Lately I have become quite interested( actually fascinated is more like it :D ) in fold forming, but as I am out of the required 24 gauge metal to experiment with it, I thought about creating some pieces with just trying to 'turn' the metal with my hammer , so here is what I came up with : I used some copper scrap( 22 ga) cut out some shapes and for some reason all of them seemed to resemble leaves in various stages of drying up !
To make them more interesting I soldered a few of the nuggets that I periodically save from my  electro-forming experiments ! ( great way to use scrap rather then just sell it to my scrap guy - yup I got a scrap guy too :) gives great deals !)


While creating the band I was not really sure about the size so I have kept them adjustable so any body can now enjoy them! :) Thinking of calling them 'leaf rings' what do  you think, do they remind you of leaves?? Dried and folded up but definitely the third in the series reminded me of a lily pad what say?
Leaf ring 4, copper
© 2011 Nayna Studios ™

Leaf ring 3, copper
© 2011 Nayna Studios ™

Leaf ring 2, copper
© 2011 Nayna Studios ™

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked the post? Didn't like it? Want to know more ? Want to leave your thoughts behind? Do drop a line or two if you wish :)