Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Captured-Rose quartz

Rose quartz, Amethyst drops , copper
©2011 Nayna Studios
I had bought these three rose quartz cabochons a few months ago and try as I might I could not come up with any  interesting design to use these. Then a few days back as I kept wondering how to 'capture' these, I figured out exactly how to do that, I decided to create copper wire 'captures for them. Since there were three identical ones, a pendant set with matched earrings seemed like the best approach. Although not conventional in design I think I managed to have a little bit of old world influence in them, what do you think? I am continuing this series as I have quite a treasure trove of cabochons that I managed to hunt out from my bead guy :) In face the next one is a surprise, will be finishing it soon so stay tuned!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked the post? Didn't like it? Want to know more ? Want to leave your thoughts behind? Do drop a line or two if you wish :)