Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A loss, a move and some cute plastic tins !

What do you do when you loose something that is close  to your heart? You mourn it and move on well I was officially in mourning for a good two months! why you ask ? what did I loose? I lost my studio :(( Around the month of August I was informed by my landlord that he intended to raise the rent by quite a considerable amount and given the rising cost of well just about everything it made sense for me to move out! Well logic aside I had simply fallen in love with my space basically just a single room in a flat but since the owners rarely came over to use the other rooms I had the place to myself and could work and listen to music and make a complete mess of the space in peace ! Oh it was bliss !!   But the fact is I have to continue to work because lets face it I may have been in love with my studio but I am as good as married to my work :)

          Shifting back was easier said than done my old room converted into my studio with my study table turning into my enameling table ( I had to sacrifice my larger enameling table since there would be no space for it ) my converted jewelry bench and machine table made it so did my tool board and shelving. As did my large furnace and after having tried my best to work with limited moving space me and dad have come to the conclusion that since I no longer enamel larger bowls or panel,  the large furnace must go ! Not out of  the house just into the balcony :(  While that move is still pending here are a few smaller organizational ideas that I came up with

The first was sorting out my hand tools for the longest time they remained dumped in one old tin box but here they are now  sorted into punches and chasing and repousse tools, aren't the round tins cute?
Bonus I get to buy cute plastic boxes like these !

The next step was sorting my enamels easier said than done!! I am about half way there but the plan is to crush all the remaining lumps that I have into powder and then grade sift each colour
A transparent green that is all done, but quite a few colours that still need to be worked on. Coming up taming the enamel monster into sample tiles.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked the post? Didn't like it? Want to know more ? Want to leave your thoughts behind? Do drop a line or two if you wish :)