Monday, January 16, 2012

Second chance cuff

Enamel & copper wrapped cuff , Copper & Vitreous enamel
© 2012 Nayna Studios™
 I had made the central piece on this cuff a while back actually as part of a series that I had intended to make as a necklace, but somehow I just wasn't too sold on the final piece and so I dismantled the entire thing. I was looking at these pieces and was wondering how I was ever going to use these as I really like the way the enameling has come out on this. Well just fiddling about this is what came about a wire wrapped cuff! The cuff itself too is something that has received a second life as it was meant to be turned into a knot bracelet that didn't quite turn out the way I wanted! Well here are both the components in a new avatar what do you think does it work? as this is the first time that I have tried out wire wrapping I was not too sure whether a turn on the wire each side is good or should I have given the wire a couple more turns. I still have a few more such pieces been wondering where to use them, do drop a line if you have any suggestions :)
Enamel & copper wrapped cuff , Copper & Vitreous enamel
© 2012 Nayna Studios™

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked the post? Didn't like it? Want to know more ? Want to leave your thoughts behind? Do drop a line or two if you wish :)