Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Holey Cuffs

Textured cuff, copper, brass & terracotta beads
© 2012 Nayna Studios™
Bead& metal cuff, copper, shell & terracotta beads
© 2012 Nayna Studios™
If you are anything like me and hate to waste your jewellery materials, then I think you will appreciate this cuff ! I have a disc cutter that I use to cut out discs of copper and for a long time now I would look at the cut out pieces of scrap copper and wish I could use them somewhere. Well this time I decided I simply had to come up with something and this is what came about a pair of holey cuffs! After having cut out the desired discs in a row, I measured out some extra space around the cut outs and then shaped the metal. After having textured them very lightly  I added a few terracotta and shell beads to one and before I knew it I had a cuff ready ! For the second one I soldered a few extra large sized jump rings left over from a chain maille project and a couple of terracotta beads and wire wrapped all the components together.
Do you do something like this, recycle scrap into jewellery or art, do drop a line with your ideas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked the post? Didn't like it? Want to know more ? Want to leave your thoughts behind? Do drop a line or two if you wish :)