Sunday, December 11, 2011

Two sided pendant

Two sided pendant,Copper and Vitreous enamel
©2011 Nayna Studios™
Two sided pendant, reverse side
I had worked on the  central enameled cab of this piece about six months ago, but a suitable setting simply eluded me! I tried to create a simple bezel with added prongs for security but this simple did not work for me aesthetically speaking and I let the cab sit in my 'to be set later' box (its an old ice-cream box just to make it more fun :P) while I went on with other projects. But recently It struck me to make the setting so that it could be worn on both the sides. So the counter enamel got a coat of blue and a pierced backing to the setting.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. The 2 sided effect is especially nice! It looks like lots of work also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Patsy, well it is a bit of work but mostly its planing the piece through :)

    ReplyDelete

Liked the post? Didn't like it? Want to know more ? Want to leave your thoughts behind? Do drop a line or two if you wish :)