Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lookout below-- jewellery being constructed!!

Add caption
       Recently I started feeling very nostalgic about my metalwork and decided that even though I wanted to concentrate on making jewelry for now, there was no way I could forget my second love ( oils will always be my first :).

          So here is one of my first pieces done about half way. As you can see in this picture that some of the design has been soldered onto the upper dome, but the two halves themselves are not yet joined.
 Though this is pretty much what it will look once done.
And here it is with the soldering done ( loads more finishing left to do though ! ) Thinking of adding a cabochon to the central portion ,what do you think?  Maybe a nice Lapis Lazuli, have a few in different shapes. 
 I wold like to apologize for the terrible quality of the pictures, been taken with my cell phone and not my SLR as usual :(
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked the post? Didn't like it? Want to know more ? Want to leave your thoughts behind? Do drop a line or two if you wish :)