Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Romanov chain maille

Add caption
 As you know I am madly in love with all things chain-maille and keep trying out new weaves so here is my latest experiment. I usually only try out any weave in just the one metal till I am sure that it will work out with me, as some weaves I do tend to find a little tough ( guess I am still a newbie :P ) But this weave simply had to be a bi-metal design, and there is another first, my first ever successful experiment with German silver a.k.a. Nickel silver. Its a little harder than copper but I think closer to brass in work hardening, a little bit of annealing did help though and gets a nice finish when tumbled. So which one do you thinks works better the one is just copper or the bi-metal one ??

 

2 comments:

Liked the post? Didn't like it? Want to know more ? Want to leave your thoughts behind? Do drop a line or two if you wish :)